Nov 3, 2007

It's new poll time again

My October poll was How much does social anxiety affect your life?

The answers were:

  • I don't have social anxiety 0 (0%)
  • It actually helps me to have a better life 0 (0%)
  • It doesn't affect me at all 0 (0%)
  • It affects me somewhat, but not in major ways 5 (12%)
  • It seriously affects me, but I still go on with my life 22 (56%)
  • I don't have a life, it affects me that much 12 (30%)

My heart is with you, people that responded that they don't have a life and that their life is seriously affected by social anxiety, which makes 86% of respondents. I wish I could do something, anything for you... I guess that as long as you came and visited my blog, all I can do is to keep writing about social anxiety and dealing with it, and encouraging you to participate in any way that you feel almost comfortable participating.

Thank you so much for answering my poll.

November's poll has to do with the form of communication and interaction that you find most comfortable and uncomfortable.

I prefer one on one interactions: having someone pay 100% attention to me, I like speaking to a group in a formal prepared presentation, but not in an informal one (being asked a question in class), I tend to lead in a group, or try to be really invisible. I hate speaking on the telephone. I am OK with email and IM, but I hate when the answer to an email never comes back (I never know if the other person is just busy, never got the email, had no time and forgot about it, or just didn't care or want to answer). I don't like i-chat, but I think that's just because it's so hard to communicate anything. I guess in the same category, I absolutely can't do small talk. I need to talk important stuff 8-p)

What about you? Feel free to answer the poll and comment anonymously or not if you need to say more. Here's a task of the month for the don't have a lifers out there: post anonymously! I will try to be supportive!

What I was told and noticed myself is that with anxiety you have no easy way, you need to face it and challenge yourself... always. If not, it gets worse. It only gets better if you challenge it. It's like exercise: you need to keep doing it, otherwise it takes you over.

No comments: