Sep 17, 2007

A new friend

I have a new friend. I haven't had a "real" friend in a lot of years. I had friends that I wrote to, that I emailed or instant messaged with. I had friends that I met for a weekly event, like going to yoga twice a week, but that's about all. I had family friends that I could foist all the inviting/talking part to my husband.

I haven't had a "real" friend since college. And I am very confused and very shy about this role. All these problems that I never encountered: how will my husband react, how will her husband react, how will the world react? I should call... but when? what time is best? is it better to call when I am happy, unhappy or just when I am neither.

It's funny how I found the getting friends part really easy and entertaining. I did great and acted as if I had no anxiety at all. I had nothing to lose, but now that I won... I have so much to lose. And I feel stuck and scared.

Feels like listening to Beatles' Yesterday: "Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play!"

No comments: